Getting to your Appointment
If you’ve never gotten acupuncture before, you may have heard conflicting information about what to expect when you go. Here is some information that might help you plan for your first appointment. Or, if have had acupuncture before, will help orient you to our offices.
Our offices are located at the top of the stairs, second level. When you arrive, go through the main doors and up the stairs then go ahead and take a seat in the chairs at the top of the steps. We will be out to greet you when your appointment starts. Be sure to leave 10-15 minutes for on-street parking.
Please always feel free to call our offices with any questions or concerns you may have about your specific situation.
Preparing for an appointment
Here are a few simple things you can do to help prepare you for your appointment, both before and after:
- Please do not wear perfume or fragrances for the first visit.
- It’s best not to drink alcohol or caffeine the day of your appointment.
- Leave at least two hours for the initial appointment. Also, it might be a good idea to give yourself some time on either side to relax and adjust.
- Don’t plan anything for the evening after the first visit. It is best to go home and rest allowing the treatment to take effect.
- Follow up appointments take 45 to 60 minutes, though occasionally longer.
- Remember no alcohol for 24 hours after any treatment.
Need to Change your Appointment?
If you need to change your appointment time, please give our offices a call at 503-241-7050 or email us to reschedule. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We require 24 hours notice for a cancellation or rescheduling that is not an emergency. If possible, be prepared to schedule out appointments a few months in advance when you come in. Regularly timed treatment is the most effective way to manage your healthcare.