What with the amazing weather we have been having, there is an increase in allergy symptoms. Grass allergies have begun already.
Tips for allergy season.
- Try removing sugar, gluten, cow dairy products and corn from your diet for 7 days and notice if symptoms lessen. Email us Joseph@classicalfiveelement.com for some sample gluten and dairy free menus. They are delicious!
- Limit your time outdoors during the worse days and shower before bed, making sure your hair is rinsed as well. Don’t take that pollen to bed with you!
- If possible keep your windows closed in your bedroom at night and cover your bed with a sheet during the day. You can get an inexpensive HEPPA air filter for your bedroom that will help keep the air pollen free. http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Long-Life-QuietCare-Purifier-1 7000/dp/B000050AQ5
- The Neti Pot is a godsend for allergy sufferers. It cleanses your nasal passages of pollen and sooths the swollen and painful mucous membranes of the nose and sinuses. It is helpful to use the neti pot anytime your allergies are troublesome and best to use it right before bed.
It is important to use it properly, please consult this demo
- Remember exercise and proper hydration play an important role in limiting our allergy response during this season as well.
- For those of you not familiar with SyAllgen, it is a non-pharmaceutical medication that has the ability to address allergy symptoms; itching nose and eyes, sinus congestion, sneezing, and shortness of breath. Even better, it has ability to reduce your allergic response to allergens! By modulating your immune response it limits the discomfort you experience during this allergy season, but even better it reduces your allergic response in the following year as well. Each successive year it is taken lessens your allergic response the following year. In addition to the tablets there is also a lotion you can apply to those allergy hot spots to direct SyAllgen to these target areas. SyAllgen does not just cover up the symptoms. It actually changes how your immune system responds to allergens. It does not disturb your sleep, dry out your mucous membranes or make you irritable or sleepy like over the counter remedies.
Hope you are all enjoying this amazing spring!